ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CHURCH, UK



http://amazingpic125.blogspot.com/


St. John's Church owes its existence to the desire of the medieval religious guild of St. John the Baptist to have its own place of worship, rather than a small chapel in either Holy Trinity or St. Michael's, the two parish churches of Coventry at that time. In the City Archives at St. Mary's Hall, there is a document which is dated May 1344. In it Queen Isabella, widow of King Edward II, granted an area of land, called 'Babbelak', to the Guild of St. John the Baptist, to be used for building a chapel, in honour of St. John the Baptist.

Source: Link
Image : Link
09 10